A report for Zero Waste Scotland reviewing the potential for a range of community-level and community-led measures to prevent litter.
The study draws upon existing case studies to consider a number of actions including:
- Maximising the litter prevention potential of litter picks;
- Motivating behaviour change through a range of incentives;
- Applying the power of citizen science to engage participants and communicate results;
- Harnessing the ‘hyper-local’ expertise of groups through community led campaigns; and
- Building the capacity for litter prevention into community improvement projects, such as community greening, street improvements and wider community building activities.
The report is the latest in a growing body of Eunomia research into litter, its impacts and the steps required to tackle it.
This report is available free of charge. Please provide a few details about yourself and one of the team will email you the full report shortly.